Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Please Excuse Our Mess....


We apologize for any inconvenience, but like the rest of the county, White Dade is under construciton. And, lucky for you, since this is White Dade and not Regular Dade, the construction should be finished on time and under budget, roughly by the end of the week. You may already have noticed some improvements in the aesthetics and features of this blog today, but for those who are a bit slow on the uptake, here is a quick guide:

Dade County’s Finest List – Note: This is not a link to the Miami-Dade Police Department, The last thing I need are those bastards knowing about anything I do. No, it is a list of posts that have either gotten a lot of comments for one reason or another or ones that people (my mom) told me they particularly liked. And there is a lot of crap to weed through in my archives, so I thought I’d make reading the good ones easy for potential new readers.

Blogroll – A year ago you tell me I’m getting a blogroll I’m thinking I either have a serious gastrointestinal blockage or that I’m going out for sushi. You tell me that today, and I say there is a list of 13 fine blogs and one ugly one just down and to your right on this screen. Should Dade County’s Finest and/or my extenisvie archives not satisfy your thirst for cut-rate amateur writing, feel free to visit any of the blogs listed. Some of them are kinda okay.

Catchy New Titles – No more blah default titles that blogger gave me. No sir, not here. Here at White Dade we come up with original titles for our sidebars like “The Latest From Miami.” If anyone has a better name for my recent posts, please feel free to advise.

Yes, that is ALF – A friend of mine told me I was coming off like an asshole on my blog. This, I think, is probably a good thing because most bloggers I read that are regularly referred to as “assholes,” “jackasses” and “bastards” get roughly 14 million hits a day. So I will continue my snarky tone for the duration of White Dade’s lifespan. But in an effort to make myself a little more friendly and lighthearted, I have decided to put up ALF as my profile picture. Because who could really take virtual vitriol seriously when coming out of the mouth of a furry alien puppet? I think he will be replaced by a new 80’s icon each week. So keep a lookout for comments from Alan Thicke, Bea Arthur and Harry Hamlin.

I am planning some more neat things on here, hopefully a photo behind the header, a cooler font on the top and some links to other sites of interest. Is there anything any of my literally dozens of readers would like to see? Let me know. Also, if you check my profile, you will see I have also started a template blog to experiment with different stuff before I put it here. Don’t bother visiting it. Like so many people I know, it is completely devoid of any useful content.

*Special thanks to all of you who helped me figure out how to do this correctly.

9 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Johnson said...

Here are some other 80's themed suggestions for your icons in the coming weeks:

Schneider from One Day at a Time
Whammy's from Press Your Luck
Bob Barker
Richard Mulligan aka Dr. Harry Weston from Empty Nest
Skippy from Family Ties

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...or how about Boner from Growing Pains...

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Johnson said...

Boner from Growing Pains? How about we kick it up a notch with a little Herb Eldeman aka Stan Zbornak.

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/g-i/ggs2-08.jpg

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.emporis.com there you can find out which buildings are the tallest in Miami, and even see which buildings are being built in that swamp you call home. (Did you know that someone wants to build two residential towers that will be 1,200 feet high in Miami? Bet you didn't)

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Yes "anonymous" (you can start posting under your real name any day now. Just because I ripped you once doesn't mean I will do it every time) I actually did know that. it has been in The Herald a few times.

And I tohught up a lot of those guys to use as icons too. Now I won't look nearly as creative. Thanks a lot.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you can still be creative if you use my favorite diva Angela Lansbury from Murder She Wrote...

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and if you're going to go with Empty Nest atleast use Charlie Deets, AKA Joe "I am the 80's" Isuzu

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Two words...

PARK OVERALL

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Cory Snyder said...

How about Tutti from Facts of Life? I always liked her...especially when all the sudden she had giant boobs (though they tried so hard to hide them). Braces were a negative though...

Cory Snyder
1B/OF
Cleveland, OH

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home