Monday, February 27, 2006

First, Some Thank You's

I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, but, you know there were really important things for me to discuss last week like songs I’m listening to and how there are no white girls is Miami. Because I’ve never mentioned that before on my blog. I have been getting a lot of love from various points around the blogosphere lately and I just wanted to formally thank everybody that has been spreading the gospel of White Dade…

First and foremost, I’d like to thank Miss FeistyRed, who got linked by Gawker, a mere week or so after she devoted whole post to our classic Golden Girls conversation. The result: Well, the day after the aforementioned New York blog told the world that she moved to New York for a guy, my traffic went up like 150% for the day. Coincidence? I don’t think that my post on blog addiction was that magnetizing. Anyway, thanks for continually letting the New York elite know that there is something worth reading out of South Florida not called Dave Barry or Carl Hiaasen. And speaking of Dave Barry…

I’d like to thank Larry as well for giving me the This is What We Do Now post of the week award. That’s what I get for saying you’re a jackass? Shit, I’ll do that every week. Thanks for the info on Yankee Stadium too. Although your insulting of Dave Barry still hurts, your award brought a great deal of new readers to Palmetto Bay to put it mildly, and I guess the folks over at Decentcontent were among them. So a big “Thanks you” to them too. Just so you know, I believe you are the first blog of your genre to ever link up to White Dade. And speaking of firsts…

Again a thanks to Tara. Not only for tagging me, but for also taking my suggestion about National Pancake Week and making it your theme for an entire week. Well, that and blogger holidays. Even gave me love in the title of a post. You rock. Speaking of putting my name in the title of a post…

Nicolemart, I wish I had some creative names for the male genitalia, but I just can’t quite stoop to that level yet. But I do appreciate you crediting me in the subtitle of your list of creative nicknames. Anytime I can be associated with penile nicknames, well, that’s just subliminal advertising. And speaking of advertising…..

Holy shit, I have to give a plug to my new second-favorite South Florida blogger, Brewer Patriot. Why? Because he is the only other English-language blogger in Miami, that’s why. At least that I am aware of. And his list of decent bars in Dade is basically a roster of places I go on the weekend. Anybody else who mentions The Tavern in a blog post who’s name is not Matt Johnson is A-OK in my book. BP, if I ever see you at the Tavern, the first pitcher is on me. Check his blog out if you get a chance, a lot of good Miami rants. And, for Spinachdip, no jokes about bugs, humidity or traffic on I-95. And speaking of traffic…

Ali needs some more. I don’t know how much he gets, but it’s still not enough. He hooked me up in his new list of blogs to read, and I am more than happy to return the favor. Anybody who can come up with a line like “I have the body of a weightlifter and the soul of a fat man” really needs a book deal. Or at least a column in a free weekly.

Alright, so I bored you all with my extended Thank You Note. But I just wanted to make sure I showed my appreciation to everybody who has been good to me out in the past few weeks. If anybody hooked me up recently and I didn't see it, let me know and I'll do the same for oyu. Because, unlike the rest of Dade County, White Dade is all about service.

5 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Aw, Dade, that's sweet! Thanks for the thank you and keep on bloggin!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger nicole said...

What a novel idea: a "spread the love" post! It's one that I've been far too self-serving to have thought of myself. I might have to rip this one off, Dade...

And you can be sure that I'll stick YOUR name in the title. ;)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger DrunkBrunch said...

I agree - my blog traffic went up 100% when Feisty was Gawkered. I exist on the Internet vicariously through her. Without Feisty, I am just another sexy librarian look-alike with a blog.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Tara - You think that was a Thank you? Wait until March 13th.

Nicole - It can just be a series of revolving thank yous then. Because then I'll probably thank you for putting my name in the post and then....dear God all these well-mannered bloggers? Will it ever end?

DB - Yes, Feisty is quite the helpful individual. I may even get her a birthday present as a Thank You. And be glad my nastiest commenter called it quits.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger spinachdip said...

I know I'm late checking in but thanks for the love, dude (so homo).

Oh, and I miss the Palmetto bugs. Hey, they're so big, they paid half the rent on my apartment....

Yeah, cockroach jokes are lame.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home