Monday, February 20, 2006

Lois is 60!!!!

Even though she doesn't read my blog ('cause if she did I don't think she would have made it this far), some of her friends do (and a big "Thank You" again to the folks at Google) so they should konw that today is my mom's 60th birthday. And if she told you it was her fiftieth, surprise, surprise, she's 60. So she's been lying to you all these years. Yet another fraud exposed here at White Dade. Sorry Mom.

I wish I had one of those inspiring "Single-mother-working-late-nights-at-the-diner" stories to tell about how amazing my mom was to have raised me all by helself while toiling away at awful jobs. What she did manage to do that was amazing was work about 18 hours a week, own a four-bedroom house and a Lexus, and go on about six vacatoins every year. And, no, my Dad's child support check wasn't that big. Say what you will, but the lady can manage her money. Why she couldn't pass that on to me I will never understand. Maybe she was selling drugs or working for the CIA on the side, I don't know, and, honestly, I don't ask.

That is one hell of a role model, though. Have all those things people aspire for, but work about a third as much as everyone else. That is why I have the "Two Jobs with maybe five hours of work a day" lifestyle that I do today. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Mom. Those of you who know her and read the blog, be sure to let her know I put it up. But I will track you down and make you pay if you so much think about sending her the link.

9 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger nicole said...

Aww, happy birthday Mom!!!! :)

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Lois said...

Thank You!

- Baa

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Joe said...

You do realize you posted a link to this blog on your friendster account, right? Just checking.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She should have had an abortion. That would have been a present she could celebrate every year.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Nicole - I will pass your wishes along. Oh, and congratulations on getting YOUR OWN HOLIDAY. Are you the only blogger with their own friggin' holiday? Unbelievable.

"Lois" - Hey, would you rather I post somethign else?

Joe - Yes, but do you know any women between 50 and 65 with friendster accounts? I know my mom doesn't have one. I haveno problem with strangers or old acquantances reading my nonsense, but really, would you want your mom reading this?

Anon - That's classy. Putting up an insult on a "Happy Birthday" post to my mom.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger mrshife said...

Happy Birthday White Dade's Mom.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WD has a mother?! She should be executed immediately for bringing such misery into this world. Hopefully that is what happened to his father. Unhappy birthday to Lois. May she outlive her son.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Joe said...

No, I don't know any 65 year old ladies with friendster accounts, but I know a lot of 20 and 30 somethings with accounts. Now lets try and think of who is in their 20's or 30's and knows your mother (excluding me of course, I know better) and possibly has a friendster account? I wonder if any of your relatives have one? My point is that the possibility is out there.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Mr. S. - Thank you, sir. it will be passed on.

Anon - Look, I understand that you think you have a reputation to live up to, but if you can't give a reason for ripping me, save your energy.

Joe - Solid point.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home