Nothing Like the First Time You Get Tagged
I guess being tagged is the blogging equivalent of getting a chian email, so I shouldn't feel too honored. But seeing as how this is the first time anybody has bothered tagging me with one of these informative lists, I guess I'm just a little excited. For those of you who do not risk your career and interpersoal relatinships on the blogosphere, tagging is where a blooger you read calls you out on their blog with this list of shit you're supposed to put on your blog, then you have to tag like 7 or 10 or 158 people or all hell will break loose on your life. So, special thanks to Tara for being the first to ever Tag White Dade. Here's how this one works:
List seven songs you are into right now, no matter what the genre. It does not matter whether they have words, or what decade they're from. The only requirement is that they must be songs you’re really enjoying right now. Post these instructions on your blog along with your seven song choices. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
Here's my list (and I guarantee you go "What the fuck is that" to at least three):
1) "Man In Motion" (John Parr) You may know its non'80's pop-music afficionado name, "St. Elmo's Fire." I really enjoyed this one early Sunday morning.
2) "Baker Street" (Gerry Rafferty) Chorus is just a blaring saxaphone riff. you'd know it if you heard it.
3) "Nessun Dorma" (Three Tenors Version) I dare you not to get chills at the end of this song. I believe Shizuka Arakawa owes part of her gold medal to Puccini. That, and Sasha Cohen's ass.
4) "Crying Out" (Ron Van Gelderen) This would be "Huh?" #1 for most of you.
5) "Since You've Been Gone" (Kelly Clarkson) Shut up.
6) "Moving in Stereo" (The Cars) This used to be the ringtone on my phone for girls I was "dating." Haven't heard it in a while, so whenever it's on the radio I'm sure to turn it up.
7) "Andromeda Heights" (Appollonia) What, you've never heard of "Andromeda Heights?" Okay, you know the book "Andromeda Strain" by Michael Crichton? No relation whatsoever.
I make no apologies for a taste in music that some may describe as "questionable." But taste, as we all know, is subjective.
Unfortunately, I don't think I know 7 bloggers who wouldn't hate me for tagging them, or who haven't gotten this yet since everyone I seem to read reads each other. So, I'll tag some bloggers who I don't like, some who I just want other people to check out, and the only one I've actually met in person...
1. Johnson (Can you just write 49 songs and take care of everyone?)
2. Angelina (Love the new site. Content still infuriates me)
3. Industry Whore (If you haven't quit yet)
4. Ali (becasue I know you have 2 blogs)
5. Pitcrew (Just because you took the time to comment)
6. Colorado Hurricane (Because if being newly unemployed weren't bad enough)
7. Angel (Because you live in West-Freaking-Virginia)
You're all welcome.