Friday, February 24, 2006

Nothing Like the First Time You Get Tagged

I guess being tagged is the blogging equivalent of getting a chian email, so I shouldn't feel too honored. But seeing as how this is the first time anybody has bothered tagging me with one of these informative lists, I guess I'm just a little excited. For those of you who do not risk your career and interpersoal relatinships on the blogosphere, tagging is where a blooger you read calls you out on their blog with this list of shit you're supposed to put on your blog, then you have to tag like 7 or 10 or 158 people or all hell will break loose on your life. So, special thanks to Tara for being the first to ever Tag White Dade. Here's how this one works:

List seven songs you are into right now, no matter what the genre. It does not matter whether they have words, or what decade they're from. The only requirement is that they must be songs you’re really enjoying right now. Post these instructions on your blog along with your seven song choices. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Here's my list (and I guarantee you go "What the fuck is that" to at least three):
1) "Man In Motion" (John Parr) You may know its non'80's pop-music afficionado name, "St. Elmo's Fire." I really enjoyed this one early Sunday morning.
2) "Baker Street" (Gerry Rafferty) Chorus is just a blaring saxaphone riff. you'd know it if you heard it.
3) "Nessun Dorma" (Three Tenors Version) I dare you not to get chills at the end of this song. I believe Shizuka Arakawa owes part of her gold medal to Puccini. That, and Sasha Cohen's ass.
4) "Crying Out" (Ron Van Gelderen) This would be "Huh?" #1 for most of you.
5) "Since You've Been Gone" (Kelly Clarkson) Shut up.
6) "Moving in Stereo" (The Cars) This used to be the ringtone on my phone for girls I was "dating." Haven't heard it in a while, so whenever it's on the radio I'm sure to turn it up.
7) "Andromeda Heights" (Appollonia) What, you've never heard of "Andromeda Heights?" Okay, you know the book "Andromeda Strain" by Michael Crichton? No relation whatsoever.

I make no apologies for a taste in music that some may describe as "questionable." But taste, as we all know, is subjective.

Unfortunately, I don't think I know 7 bloggers who wouldn't hate me for tagging them, or who haven't gotten this yet since everyone I seem to read reads each other. So, I'll tag some bloggers who I don't like, some who I just want other people to check out, and the only one I've actually met in person...

1. Johnson (Can you just write 49 songs and take care of everyone?)
2. Angelina (Love the new site. Content still infuriates me)
3. Industry Whore (If you haven't quit yet)
4. Ali (becasue I know you have 2 blogs)
5. Pitcrew (Just because you took the time to comment)
6. Colorado Hurricane (Because if being newly unemployed weren't bad enough)
7. Angel (Because you live in West-Freaking-Virginia)

You're all welcome.

11 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger mrshife said...

Kelly Clarkson.
It takes a real confident man to admit that.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous jenjen said...

i dont understand how Since You've Been Gone is still making your hit list. I recall you liking that song a year ago.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and i recall you REALLY liking that song in a baby blue honda civic several months ago! man, that song must run deep...

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous carissa said...

i'll list seven songs, just 'cause they are so good:

someday soon - the real tuesday weld
how it ends - devotchka
fuel for fire - m.ward
the greatest - cat power
somewhere over the rainbow - israel kamakawiwo'ole
walking with a ghost - white stripes
hello tomorrow - karen o. and squeak e. clean

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Hope that wasn't too painful for ya Dade.

Here's a shorter version of Since You Been Gone. I like that song too, but this version might scare ya. Hehe.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger White Dade said...

Shife - Once you've admitted to watching "One tree Hill" there's really nowhere to go but up.

JJ - I actually got into that son on my drive out to Florida, since Every damn station from Lake Forest to Lake Worth seemd to be playing it. Best version was the dance mix on Phoenix's Party Station.

Anon - What part of "We will never speak of this again" did you not understand?

Carissa - Interesting list. I don't think I've heard any of those songs, but I do usually enjoy the White Stripes.

Tara - No, actually it gave me a post idea on a day when I had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It was this or letting JenJen have the floor again. That song was painful. I mean really, really painful.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous angelina said...

What is it about a sushi post you could possibly find infuriating?

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

SUSHI! I fucking hate sushi! I should write a whole post about how much I hate that shit. You know what else I hate? Southwest Florda, complete waste. I was in Ft. Myers last weekend and the only highlight was a trip to Cracker Barrel. You know what else I hate? USF. No particular, reason, I just hate it.

Just bustin your balls, Angelina (oh, wait, we cleared up that little misunderstanding, didn't we?). Actually, you haven't written anything infuriaing in a while. I'm gettin' bored over here, girl, help me out!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Angelina said...

you like Catholics?

and actually, I fucking hate Ft. Myers, too. Trash. Just trash.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous angry, ranting J said...

USF (assuming you are talking about Univ of S. Fla) really pisses me off. It is NOT in South Florida! And I don't care that they were the most southern public school for awhile...its STILL false! Nothing says higher education like an incorrect falsehood for your school name. They must have a stellar geography department...JEEZ

-J

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I like your story.
But you'd better take a look here to find a really DIFFERENT dating site.
Looks amazing, agree? :-)
You can also find my pics and more about me on my page www.livedatesearch.com/jessica
Read more about me or drop me a message from there.
Chao!
Jessica

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home