Thursday, March 09, 2006

If Your Daily Dose of Dade Just Isn't Enough

The lovely Ashburnite has been so kind as to invite me to help her with her "Rules Experiment" where she will be dating various men according to that dreadful piece of literature The Rules: Time-tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right. No, she had not asked me on a date (that would be breaking The Rules, first of all) but rather asked me to give the male perspective on what she is doing. I have absolutely despised this book for years as it undermines my "Make them come to me," philosiphy. Anyway, my first contribution was yesterday and I hope this continues for a while. For how long I don't know, but check it out while you can. I can tell I like Ashburnite already as this was her introduciton of me yesterday:

Enter White Dade. After reading his blog, I knew that he would be the perfect guy for this project. He's intelligent, opinionated and observant

Guys you can tell already she has excellent taste. This should not be too tough.


ALSO....The long awaited JenJen blog is now upon us. It will be titled "NinerJen." JenJen, my aspiring functional alcoholic mother of 2 former co-worker friend from the OC has decided to grace the blogosphere with her own brand of what my friend describes as "Scatterbrained Shorthand." Her first post, from yesterday, is about her love for PBR, and what it means to be a "9-er." For those not from the OC, a "niner" is a derogatory term for anyone from Riverside County or San Bernadino, aka The 909. Aka Mexican and White Trash. But it is usually used to refer to a trashy individual living in the OC west of Yorba Linda. Degrees of OC snobbery is a whole separate post, taht I may leave for JenJen herself. Check it out when you get a chance.

These two blogs have been elevated to the top 2 spots on my blogroll. Sorry, Johnson.

8 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Johnson 3:16 said...

I think I'm going to slit my wrists now. I'm just going to cut horizontally though as this is just a "cry for help" attempt and not a serious one which would call for a vertical slice.

"Remember kids, if you want to get the job done, it's down the street, not across the road."

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger jenjen said...

Oh Why thanks for the plug WD. Still working out some bugs here with the vitamin maker's internal defense I.T. department. All in good time. Also some clarification, 9-er does not necessarily insinuate any sort of race or those from tweekville. Logic stands to reason WD is correct to suggest those from 909, San Berdu, etc. are 9ers(4 sure they are), rather as much as a fuck up in general. Some of my friends are the biggest 9-ers of sorts. They made the term up in fact.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger jenjen said...

Also, I am tired of this inclusion of Irvine, and west of Bake crap, Yorba Linda whatever. If you're not in walking distance and I mean stretching out in the morning with sea spray in your eyes, you just aren't.

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Joe said...

Funny, when I was in the OC last spring, I was playing a game called scategories, you might have heard of it. Well it was 'P' and the category was 'alcoholic beverage', and granted not everyone there was Mormon by a long shot. They however were not a 9'er as White Dade put it. I wrote down PBR and no one, I mean no one believed it was real. I had to explain that it was really cheap and that basically convinced them that it might be real, as they would not be caught dead drinking such a cheap beverage, and lord knows not in a park on rainy night, out of a red plastic cup.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger White Dade said...

Johnson - Will anybody really miss you?

JenJen - Bobby V can eat a dick.. And, honestly, what's next? Making fun of peoeple from Mission Viejo?

Joe - Ahhhh.....rainy nights and red plastic sups. If I weren't so hungover right now I'd be thirsty.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

Thanks for the plug. And for calling me "lovely," although I prefer being called a goddess. :-)

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Johnson said...

"Johnson - Will anybody really miss you?"

Hey, you can't treat me like dirt. I'm better than that. Well, most kinds of dirt anyway. Not that store bought stuff. That's loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger jenjen said...

joe - Newport transplants (as we like to call them)playing scategories with mormons in I'm guessing the numbered streets of Newport or any other pretentious place where you would not find me are indeed 9-ers and obviously from other parts if they don't know what a damn PBR is. These liars are posing a lifestyle they imagine they should being in the OC and all.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home