Monday, March 13, 2006

It's My Day! MINE!


I have long maintained that holidays devoted to bloggers are a sure sign of the apocolypse. That is until today. You wanna know why? Because to day Is White Dade Motherfuckin' Appreciation Day, that's why. It's like a second birthday. Mega- thanks to Tara, for recognizing me with such a special day. That is really a better gift than anything I got for my real birthday. You are the best! So, I ask all of you, go out, complain about Reggaeton, make a psuedo-racist comment and go home with a fat girl. I would like that very much.

My post today was going to be about the origins of the name "White Dade." Since I spend the better part of every day appreciating myself anyway, I thought I would give some props to the people who this blog is named after. But, thanks to a massive fire at the gym on Saturday that completely destroyed our server and our router, I am now shelling out 20 cents a minute at Kinkos to keep everybody updated. I hope you appreciate this. Point is, I will save that explanation for another time. Those of you who live in Dade, well, you alrady know what I'm talking about.

So, the sad fact is, there may not be much new coming from White Dade for a week or so. I apologize in advance to all the Bloggers who I usually visit and will not be able to this week. I will return to my usual snarky semi-profane commenting next week. I am going to Alabama this weekend for a wedding, which will hopefully give me blog fodder for weeks. In the interim, I had the opportunity to meet with The IJC this weekend, who is one quality indiviual. I showed him the finer parts of the Grove and he was even witness to a BumGear purchase. At any rate, he said he particularly liked the 6-part Guide to Sex and Dating I wrote when this blog was in its infancy. So, if you are new to the blog and going throug Dade withdrawal, I suggest you read one part of the guide each day for the next week to get youself through.

Part 1: Girls You Should All Have an Older Brother as Cool as Me
Part 2: Getting a Date
Part 3: Date 2 and Beyond
Part 4: Sex
Part 5: The Kinky Shit
Part 6: Male Friends, One Night Stands and Using Guys

There. Feel free to comment away. Server should be back up by the time I get back form Alabama on Monday. Until then, sit back realx, and savor that medium rare Dick Au Poivre.

8 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger angel, jr. said...

Have a Happy White Dade day!

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Johnson 3:16 said...

Big deal. So you have your own day. Golf clap. Every day is Matt Johnson Day. But this one moreso than others...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6847012/?GT1=6065

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Shirt Giver Joe said...

I'd have to disagree that "White Dade Day" is better than anything you got for your birthday. I seem to recall a T-Shirt that says "Miami - It's Spictacular" was given to one Mr. White Dade. A t-shirt by the way, others have requested!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger mrshife said...

Congrats on your excellent award and have fun in Alabama. You should get plenty of material from that little trip.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Bad at Life said...

Unfortunate about the fire. Very nice you had your own day though.

Hit Alabama Wedding Crashers-style. Remember, it's all about balloon animals and your time in the Foreign Legion.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous good at life said...

can everyone besides johnson 3:16 get off of white dade's tip? this lovefest is gross.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Angel- Thanks, man.

Johnson - Didn't I hip you to that particular holiday?

Joe - Yeah, sorry. I forgot that I got that for my birthday. that WAS the best shirt ever. And the girl who requested one was a solid 9 and a half.

Shife - It's hard to leave Alabama without some good material

Bad - In Alabama, it's really more about having a haircut that your blind uncle didn't give you, wearing a suit with no holes and not being married to a family member. 3 for 3. ALRIGHT!

Good - Ever since KLueber hung up the keyboard, it just hasn't been the same.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Johnson said...

Yes you did actually alert me to the existence of Matt Johnson Day.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home