Friday, April 21, 2006

What? Me? EVIL?

Contrary to popular opinion, I do not spend my days scouring the internet for information on the girl who made me minutely famous for about a minute and a half. I prefer to spend it writing about myself and scouring various message boards to see what people are saying about me. What can I say, I guess I’m just self-centered like that. I am rather tired of talking about her, actually, and swore I would never write another word on the topic. But it has been a slow week devoted to sub-par content on this blog anyway, and this morning good ole’ Johnson, sent me this email today:

From: Matt Johnson
To: White Dade, Various other people who shall remain nameless
Date: Apr 21, 2006 5:32 AM
Subject: More JS b/c I know that's what you all want

Dade, she mentions you in the 4/19 entry. she calls you a "certain, evil Miami blogger...

http://jennifersterger.blogspot.com/

I'm sure there's probably more about you in the blog,but I didn't feel like reading more

Actually, Johnson, that was about it. Unlike myself she has better things to do than rip on other
people for 1500 words. She prefers to do it in about 25. Here is the exact excerpt...

My parents called mid way through the game to tell me that they had seen me on TV.. and to quit copying their team's cheers. They happen to cheer for the guys that look like they had stolen FAMU's uni's. You can't fault them for genetics... I guess I have just crossed over from the dark side. (May have something to do with a certain evil Miami blogger... who I will not mention.. as his fifteen seconds of fame have come and gone.. all at my expense) :::cough::: haters.

At any rate, I left a comment telling her that I was deeply hurt that she called me Evil. Apparently comments on her blog are moderated (by whom I am not sure, but my guess is the same people who run her website) and I can’t promise you that mine will show up. While the writing is most certainly authentic, I wonder if she does the actual posting and maintenance of the blog, or just handles the creative end. If it is the latter, we should all be so lucky. At any rate, since she has been indirectly responsible for a good deal of my traffic, go check her site out, it isn’t too bad. Reads like a typical college girl blog, except for the “Go check me out in Playboy” post. Not one you see every day.

And I checked her stats and was happy to report that they are about the same as mine. Ironic, since a good 40% of the people who come here are looking for her. That’s why I never do any of those cute “What keyword searches brought people to my blog” posts, because there are only two. And I think we all know what they are. Anyway, I was still disappointed that she didn’t at least link me under “Evil Miami Blogger,” but she’s new, so I’ll cut the girl some slack. And maybe I can get her to tell me how to put half-naked pictures of myself as the background. THAT would be cool.

11 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger minijonb said...

how about some half neekid pix of your avatar... that would be something =;-)

i dig your blog... keep up the awesome work!

jb

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger angel, jr. said...

I think deep down inside, she wants some Dade in her.

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Johnson said...

15 seconds of fame? Dude, you had at least 37 seconds or so. I mean you had an interview with a Canadian radio station. You should get a t-shirt made that says, "White Dade--Yeah, I'm big in Canada"

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

Why does everyone think you're evil? Either way, I'm all for you emulating Jenn and putting half-naked pics of yourself all over your blog- and I think any woman who comes across your blog would be very grateful as well

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

MinijonB - Thanks for stopping by. Oddly enough, I have those. I'll post one next week.

Angel - Even if you added up every dime I've made in the last 10 years, I stil couldn't afford that

Johnson - My birthday is in 4 months. Get on it. See if you can get a picture of Gabriel Morency on there too.

Ash - I'll do it if you do it

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Johnson said...

She certainly has a nice gut. The wonders of air brushing.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Johnson - I noticed that too. Surprised she out it up. Well, that's what happens when you just "get up and get wasted"

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Jaxraider said...

Dade,

Your comments are posted in her blog, she does write all the posts and has a few friends create her websites, as well as maintain the blog (I am one of those people)...the comments were made in jest, as I hope you would have known...thanks for checking us out and linking to the site, I will see about doing the same...come back and visit again...and I'll email you how to put the half naked pic of yourself in the background, its pretty easy...

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Jax -

Yeah, if anyone can tell sarcasm, it's me. I wasn't realloy offended. but thanks for approving my comment. I'm still waiting on the instructions.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous jenn said...

FYI, I don't get up and get wasted. That was definitely a misquote, but you guys don't do enough homework to know that. Second.. I definitely DON'T have a gut. I haven't been able to work out for over month, for health reasons. But.. I am by no means.. fat. I find it especially humorous that YOU johnson of all people call me this. I had a great time checkin out your page stud. Any way.. carry on.. I'll be sure and look you up when I am down in Miami.. so I can prove to you I am not ugly.. fat.. or anything else you or your minions have called me. My father showed you resepct, you think you could at least do the same for us.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger White Dade said...

I have been told by a very reliable source that that last comment was not from who it looks like it's from. So, Johnson, don't go and cry, and the rest of you don't be excpecting any special guests at our UM-FSU tailgate.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home