Days like today are easy.
- Ephedra fueled workouts. For those who have not done it, it makes you feel like the king of the world for about two hours while you lift large amounts of weight and stare at yourself in the gym mirror. Then you sing along with whatever is on at the gym, even if you hate the song. And the crash just gives you a nice peaceful nap.
- Trance Music in the Car at Night. I call it Club Matt. Throw on some Judge Jules or Tiesto and drive up and down the Turnpike at night going about 80 (faster if I’m not in the Saturn). This, too, is especially fun after an ephedra-fueled workout.
- Speaking fast English to a Spanish Speaker – No greater joy than frustrating someone who has not taken the time to learn the language. I’m sure some Hispanic blogger would write the complete opposite “Frustrating some dumb gringo by pretending not to speak English.”
Cutler Road- If you live in , you know this is arguably the prettiest drive in the county save for maybe Big Cypress Preserve. And much calmer than US-1, even when there is traffic. Great, now everyone is going to join me. Sorry. Miami
- Deleting Emails I Don’t Want to Read - I used to open them all up out of curiosity. Now, if I can tell that it is going to be a string of insults or an argument that will go nowhere, I just ignore it. Call it growing up.
- Twilight - There is no better part of the day. Period. Even on unbearably hot days in
the weather at this time of night is always perfect. Unless it’s raining. Miami
- Marlins Games - Not so simple, but you get to see big league baseball extremely cheap. The food is good, there are never any lines, and you can park 20 feet from the entrance if you want. Just make sure you go at night.
- Beer Pong - I wrote a whole post on this in January, but a GOOD night of beer pong is one of the more satisfying experiences a person can have. Even when you lose, you still have a good time since you are drunk at a bar with friends. Usually
- Cooking - I never really do it anymore, since it is cheaper for me to eat out, but it is something I really enjoy and am fairly good at. I don’t advertise this too much since then people expect me to cook for them. Although that can be fun too.
- Clean Sheets - Is there a better smell in the world than a detergent-scented duvet cover? Yeah, probably. But I always seem to sleep better the night after laundry day.
Wow, that was hard. It is difficult for someone like me, who writes almost exclusively about why things suck and what’s wrong with everything, to write about positive things. Thanks for the challenge, though,