Thursday, July 06, 2006

Your Last Post for a Week and You Give Us THIS Shit?

Tonight is game two of kickball season and we are facing the Beer Pong All Stars. Apparently they were a good team last season. How exactly one ascends the ranks of the WAKA Florida Coastal Division to become a Kickball Powerhouse is beyond me, but I guess this team of All-Stars from another alcohol-soaked sport have figured it out. Maybe they are drinking less and can concentrate better. And if that is the case, they may be winning the game, but they are losing out in life. Hopefully I can get more than one at-kick tonight. Our only veteran player makes his debut this week and should be able to make the difference.

Speaking of that veteran player, tomorrow we head off on a six-day odyssey that will take us to those hotbeds of SEC football Gainesville and Alabama. I have never been to Gainesville before save for a memorable stop at Whattaburger, but I am excited to see how the Public School kids in Florida party. Except for that whole it being the middle of July thing. Apparently the daunted “Summer B” session just started, full of kids who couldn’t get into UF and so were forced to go to Summer School to gain admittance. Yes, young, dumb and spending their first weekend away at school in a college town. Just how I like ‘em. Then it will be on to Birmingham, a place whose greatness I will continue to understate lest I ruin the secret. If Cancun is a fat girl’s paradise, Birmingham is a fat man’s paradise. Or so says the resident fat guy I know who lives there.

I am a big fan of road trips, having driven from Miami to Seattle to Orange County and then back last Spring. Alone. Alone, of course, is the key word here. This will be my first extended road trip with anyone since me and Mormon Joe went to Provo in 1997. And, as agreeable a guy as he is, even we got into some arguments by the time we passed Ogden. So, as fun as I think this trip will be, I seriously hope me and Cliff do not end up killing each other.

Two posts I would be remiss if I did not point out:

A New York girl moves to LA and asks a question most of us here in Dade County would like answered. [Notes from Underground ]

Though I am usually not a fan of hot girl pictures, Miamista has a World Cup theme to this photoblog that I found most amusing. That, and I am trying to work on that whole "Not geting infuriated every time I see a pretty girl" thing. If nothing else, you will be surprised at the clothes Iranian women are allowed to wear these days. [Miamista ]

Should I find myself with some free time and a computer, I will try and give you an update from the road. Otherwise, I will see you all in a week with a full report. Trips to NASCAR country are anything but uneventful.

4 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger minijonb said...

When I hear the word "Brazil" I will think of that Brazilian Soccer hottie for the rest of my life.

Have fun in ASSCAR... oops, sorry... NASCAR country.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

hope you have fun!! we'll miss you (especially those of us that read all 4 of yesterday's posts and will have nothing new to read while you're gone).

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Cliff said...

Well it is less then 10 hrs then scheduled departure...I just came from the bar with "the Hag" and "Graig"...I will expect 1st argument to be when I am hungover and late for take off...I wouldn't necessarily do this, but I want to be able to do my best to stir up a WD rant so it is more entertaining for the people across the country...Call me a Martyr if you will...

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger minijonb said...

Heads up... you're on my 2006 fantasy blogging all star team.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home