Monday, September 18, 2006

Someone Thinks I Need More Pictures of Babies

So tomorrow is the big Miami Cross-Blogination event. I did not find out about it until very recently and therefore have not been able to sufficiently plug it here, but today I am. Something like 21 Miami bloggers will all guest post on each other’s blogs and create mass confusion and hysteria. I guess the idea is to get people who don’t read certain sites to check them out for a day. Or maybe we just felt like letting the rest of the country know the kind of confusion and discombobulation those of us who live here deal with on a daily basis. Or maybe its just fucking hot and we needed something different to do. Who knows.

At any rate, if you come here tomorrow looking for your usual dose of pseudo-racist misogynistic venom, you will be sorely disappointed. The lovely Tere, author of “A Mom, a blog, and the Life In-between ” will be posting here tomorrow. I’m not sure who made up these assignments, but giving a lady who posts pictures of her baby and such memorable quotes as “Having your baby say ‘mama’ and look at right at you as he does it has got to be one of the best feelings in the world” a day to post on this site has got to be someone’s sick idea of a joke. I like Tere’s blog, and despite the fact that it is not currently on my blogroll I do read it form time to time. But really, I have a post written on the right side here called “I Hate Your Kid ” and have gone on many a rant about my vehement dislike of children and my intense desire to never have any. Change of pace, anyone? Maybe Tere can spray a little sunshine on bitter, hateful world that is White Dade. Hopefully.

If you are still jonesing for your daily dose of Dade, I will be over on Freckle Face Girl. Okay, are you done laughing now? Good, then we can continue. I asked Stephanie if she had any problems or things she didn’t want me to write about, and she pretty much said “Do what you must.” So I’m thinking about either a post on why women should be more open to anal sex or a long description of why I hate Latin Culture and everything associated with it. Any better suggestions?

So again, if you come here tomorrow and there are pictures of a little baby and gushing about the joys of motherhood, do not think I have gone soft or that the girl I’m seeing found my Blogger account and decided to take it over. Please take the time to read what Tere has to say because, if nothing else, it promises to be 180 degrees from anything I’ve ever done. And please also take the time to check out whatever offensive material I have decided to poison the Freckle Face Girl with, because I may get extra nasty just for the occasion.

9 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Andy said...

I think if I were doing this, my post would be title:

How to Write a Shitty Blog

and the content would merely say:

"See below."


You know...because I think I'm funny.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger B-Brod said...

I like Andy’s idea, but for my time, I want to read more tails of a Jewish Marine. I hadn’t read the posts in a while and being a slow day at work, I decided to catch up today.
That one about the Halva is funnier than shit. Not to prove your point about Jew’s easily sounding superior… but Halva isn’t actually a Jewish food. It’s Greek. I think they have something really similar in India also. Like I said, I’m not trying to prove your point, and I’m the worst Jew I know, so this shouldn’t sound half as superior as I would have liked it to.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

This is going to be GREAT!!!
BTW.. I posted a photo on my blog from when I was in high school. The hair by itself is worth a visit.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

oohhh...this is going to be interesting. I really wish we were doing this in DC.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger angel, jr. said...

Nope, I'm going to follow you over to Freckle Face Girl for the day and then come back when you have your regularly scheduled program.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Tere said...

Actually, I'm going to try to be relevant to your blog and write about white people. With a bit of derision. And some warmth and hope for humanity mixed in.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Dayngr said...

I'm thinking you should write about sex and the single mom since it is a mommy blog and you are still single (you are right?). Sould be interesting nonetheless. Can't wait!

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kittens. Kittens would be nice too.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous lala said...

So where's the post?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home