Friday, November 17, 2006

If Anonymous Has A blog, Then Who Can Really Be Anonymous?

Apparently, Anonymous has started a blog. This is a statement on par with “Me and my sister are both only children” since the whole point of being an anonymous commenter is that nobody can go over to your blog and harass you. There are bloggers who post anonymously since they fear retribution on their sites, and then there are your average, run-of-the-mill irate readers who just harass you because they lack anything more stimulating to do all day in their cubicle. And of course, there are bitter exes. Larry knows all about those. So this seems an odd paradox to me, an anonymous commenter starting himself his own blog.

Perhaps I should give you some background. Anon1, as he likes to be called, I believe first came to this blog as a result of my infamous Jenn Sterger post. He attacked me for being a loser, he attacked me for being a racist, he attacked me for being a blogger. I think he even told my mom she should have gotten an abortion. And I never edited him. As a result, he has kind of laid off me and focused more on attacking my readers. Not a nice thing to do, but I am never one to edit comments so I just sort of let it go. It got to a point, though, where he was writing more per post than I was. So I gave him a day to vent in the hopes of it curbing the hijacking of my comments box.

It seems to have worked, only now anonymous has decided that he has so much to say, he needs his OWN forum. And so he has. And, surprisingly, it’s not too bad. It basically comprises a lot of his rants against many of you in a simple, easy to read format that you need not scroll through 55 comments to reach. Not only that, but is actually an interesting insight into the mind of someone who likes to harass bloggers all day. I must say that he is dead wrong about not liking ass-play, but then again not everyone can be as fun and open-minded in bed as myself. It’s cool, Anon1, leave the freaks for me. I also especially enjoy his choice of background. Nice to see I’m influencing the young blogging minds already.

But here is the inherent question Anon1 raises by starting his own blog: Is he still Anonymous? I mean, unless you use your real name and post pictures, we are all pretty much anonymous. I agree to meet anyone who wants to, but still I would venture to say that 90% of you have no idea what I look like. And you’re not missing much. But the entire point of anonymous commenting, aside form not having to register with blogger or whoever, is that nobody can trace you. Nobody can contact you, and nobody can read your shit to see if you are even an eighth as talented as the people you are criticizing. So while I applaud Anon1 for taking his vitriol to his own forum, and opening himself up to a much wider array of criticism, I must also say that he really can’t lay claim to the name “Anonymous” anymore. His name now is kind of like KFC or UPS, it may have originally meant something in the beginning, but is now just a label for the product.

Anon1 has been kind enough to invite me over for Thanksgiving, if you can believe that. Between tat and Leo Sterger’s standing invitation for barbecue, I tinhk the lesson we can all learn is that as much as I may piss you off, or you may hate me, everyone loves me in the end. Sometimes it just takes a while.

23 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger imaginaryconversations said...

His blog is not terrible, but it is interesting by virtue of being written by someone who left the comments he did on your blog. Take that away, and it seems like a pale imitation of yours: angry, un-pc rants against things (which is cool with me), but without the accompanying sense of humour, and a glimpse that the person writing the rants would actually be great to hang out with and chat in person. The biggest dealbreaker for me is the sense of humour though - all the angry stuff simply needs it to make you want to read it.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I.C. I'm trying to coax my new friend into some back and forth that might be humorous, but so far not much luck.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well imitation WD 30 is the best form of flattery or something like that.

As for the people who read and comment of my blog I am happy with the number after only being open for two days.

ANON1

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish he would just go away. I don't find him funny, he's completely obnoxious and I think it takes away from your blog. If people would just ignore him he would probably shrivel up from the lack of attention and go elsewhere. I think you and everyone else on this blog should refuse to take his bait.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

The power of being anonymous is so you can get under people's skin without them being able to attack you. So anon1 loses that by starting his own blog. How funny would it be if he got his own crazy anonymous poster? Anon2 or something. Hot ass Rachelle likes this guy, why I have no idea.

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Playtah said...

As much as his comments can upset some people, he has a sharp sense of humor and good writing skills. I'm even starting to like him. Of course, I like angry/sarcastic/satirical humor. And you have to admit--it was fantastic marketing--stir up the hordes with comments for a while to pique interest, and then start his own blog. I wouldn't be surprised if his hit count is thru the roof.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Jada said...

In ways you can be more anonymous writing a blog than leaving comments. When you leave comments you leave all kinds of IP trails and shit that can be tracked back to you. But if you just blog and don't reveal any personal information you can be totally anonymous. However, it would take quite a long time to generate the traffic to your blog that Anon1 has done in just a few short days without stirring up shit on a popular blog like White Dades. I think he is kida entertaining myself.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger minijonb said...

Dade, you said:

"everyone loves me in the end."

I really, really, really hope there was no ass-play double-entendre in that statement... pun intended or not.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost everything can be interpreted as an ass-play double entendre. WD, you've corrupted us forever.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I certainly appreciate the fans who support me and I would like to thank White Dade for providing me wit Blog inspiration. I will continue to try and entertain the public with my sick mind. Just as an FYI, anyone who posts regular comments on my blog will have their BLOG linked on my page.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Manola Blablablanik said...

Oh how sweet ... WD's comments spawned a blog! When's the bris? :-)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jinxy said...

I'm new to reading both of your blogs, but from what I've read so far, ANON1's stuff really isn't that funny or original.

Whipping out lame cliche's like "May The Force Be With You" on your very first blog post and feebly trying to put someone down by ripping their choice of username?

Next thing you know he'll be posting about how he spent the night camping out for the new PS3.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

While I rarely agree with Anon's opinions, I do find him an entertaining read. And his stripper post was fun.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad someone agrees with me on the amusing hypocracy of anon1 getting a blog.
(do have to admit his posts are pretty amusing, though.)

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Characters, it's not hypocrisy, but a well-executed marketing campaign. You have to provide a quality product to maintain interest in it, so we'll see how that goes, but in terms of initial advertising push it was well done.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Chris said...

Well, it didn't take long for me to pass judgement on his piece-of-shit blog. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of the critics who bash me and my blog. These are the same people that hope that someday people will actually read and comment on what they write. And sorry I can't be as original as you Mr. Jinxy. How many times did you have to watch "Meet the Parents" before coming up with your handle asshole?

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, by the way Mr. Jinxy, great way to lift material off of the Phatphree website. I am going to let them know that you are copying their articles and trying to pass them off as your own.

Dumbass.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Jinxy said...

Clown.

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you the son of CLOWN ops Mr. Jinxy? Didn't think anyone was going to catch you copying material off a popular website and posting it as your own?

Jinxy cat, jinxy cat where are you, I hate you!

ANON1

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=33&SectionID=1

Here is the link. Read the Son of Clown op's letter to BMG and this article written before. Seems very similar.

ANON1

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, for my next trick, I will OWN this fat, 35 year old, $9.00/hr making piece of shit call Mr. Jinxy. The same guy who had to write a Wikipedia article on himself. The same guy who in that article quoted a line from a movie and never gave the proper credit to the actor who said it. The same guy who calls me unoriginal yet named himself after a cat in a movie.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home