Thursday, November 02, 2006

What are Your Three Favorite White Dade Posts?

Well, next Thursday marks a monumental day in the history of this blog. It is, of course, my one year anniversary of when I began this all-consuming fire that is White Dade. If you'd have told me a year ago that all the things that have happened as a result of my bitching and moaning on the internet every day would happen, I would never have believed you. I have met a lot of people I never thought I'd meet, done a lot of things I never thought I'd do, and made new friends all over the country. And soon I'll be eating ribs at Leo Sterger's house. I think that may be the most surreal.

But being the only child that I am, I cannot limit this birthday cleebration to only one day. Heavens no, that would never keep in the traditon I have of making a much bigger deal out of a birthday than any normal person deserves to. So the next week will be filled all sorts of special things. There will be the requisite timeline, of course. Blogger ends your account if you do not do one within a week of the anniversary of your first post. It will all culminate in a repost of my first ever essay on this blog. Few of you have read it, but I think it sums up the point of this adventure pretty well in just over a thousand words. And maybe it will let some of you new readers in on why I started doing this in the first place. Then, to celebrate, I am going to Washington DC on Friday and attending my first ever Haters Happy Hour, a gathering of various DC bloggers. I am not going for this event, mind you, more the Miami-Marlyand game, but it happened to fall on the same weekend.

So, I've been giving you all something to do at work for the last year (okay, really, more like 7 months for most of you) and have asked nothing in return except that you keep coming back for more. Pretty advantageous for you, isn't it? So for my birthday all I am going to ask is that as many of you as possible, even those of you who NEVER comment, tell me what your three favorite posts were from the previous year. Hell, maybe you only liked one, but anything you can offer is greatly appreciated. You can comment anonymously or leave your name. You can tell me why or just give me the titles or descriptions. But this will actually be more helpful to me than most of you will ever know. Consdier it a birthday present to your old buddy White Dade. Or enemy. Whatever. Thanks again for a wonderful year (in advance) and enjoy the next week.

23 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Joe said...

1) Retard Adam
2) Ben's Post
3) Dumping Beer on Girl one (i'd actually heard that one before but I like that story)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger imaginaryconversations said...

The finger up the ass post, of course. The guide (written to your sister) about dating. Most of the other ones were enjoyable, too, but nothing really stands out in my mind.

Why would this be more helpful than it seems.... hmm.... My guess is that you are writing a book based on your blog; a non-fiction book, obviously.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger B-Brod said...

There are most definitely more than three greats on your all time hit list, but to call them out, I would have to go with:

1. Tales of A Jewish Marine: What the Hell is Halvah?!

I actually laughed out-loud when I was out at dinner with a chick and wasn't into the conversation. My mind wondered and the image of you trying to explain Halvah was too much. That’s such a great one.

2. Jewish Girls: It's Your Fault!

Because - let's face it, this post points out a greater truth then the theory of gravity. I was just never able to put it into such elegant words.

3. Why The Dog Track is The Perfect Date

If I didn't know you better I would have guessed this to be directly taken from an episode of Charles in Charge - where Buddy tries to talk Charles into taking his dream girl on the "perfect date". I do know you however - and to be honest, this pretty much sums up why you and I have stayed friends for so long.

Happy one year WD - Congratulations and thanks for wonderful distractions.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger aikin said...

I only recently found this blog, but have two favorites from the month or so I've been reading:

1) "Makes Me Wanna Holler." In no way do I find WD racist. He's just expressing the frustration the rest of us feel. This post exemplifies that. I actually sought out the book since I'd never read it before.

2) "Quiz: Are You White?" Hilarious! And apparently I'm the whitest of the white.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Dayngr said...

Tales of A Jewish Marine: What the Hell is Halvah?!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

I would definitely say your "special cousin's inner monologue" and "sound bites from a date with a cuban girl." There are plenty more, but I'm lazy today.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous melissa said...

1. Don't tell me you're fat, I'm in denial.

2. You Can All Relax, It's Just Cory Lidle

3. She don't lie, she don't lie.

I liked these the best! Carry on and I hope to read about your newest slumpbuster soon!

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tell me you're fat, I'm in denial.

and

The anal play. Because I've always wanted to write about that myself but too many of my previous and current trysts read my posts.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger imaginaryconversations said...

Yeah, just to clarify - I can't come up with more than just two because I like almost all of them (except the sports posts because that's like reading something in a language I don't speak). I especially love all the misogynistic posts saying how shitty women are, in all their different ways, because that's what I think, too.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) I Hate Your Kid
2) Why are You in My Office?
3) Don't Tell Me You're Fat, I'm in Denial.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Dayngr said...

This gives me some stuff to look up...

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Johnson said...

Just because I'm self-centered, my favorite post is The White Dade Campaign to Save Matt Johnson. I remember those days back when I was one of only 3 or 4 people to read your blog. Here's to another year of insulting people, bitching about your girlfriend's sexual inadiquacies and giving me something to read while I rot in my cubicle. See ya next week at the UM/Maryland game.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Marjorie said...

New York singles (which got me started on your blog), don't tell me your fat, so many other good ones...

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Corey Liddle
2) Jenn Sterger
3) Prison Sex

Now, as for the ribs, if you somehow manage to spread bbq sauce all over Jenn Sterger and lick it off at Leo's house that would be an accomplishment.

ANON1

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't remember, but i learned a lot from the 'white person in miami' post. i think that was a pretty good one.

happy b-day! you are a good writer and i hope you have gotten a lot out of this experience.

for the future, i wish for you to meet a decent girl and fall in love, and hang out in trashy bars less in order to do that.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous David in DC said...

Jewish Girls, it's your fault.

Special Cousin's inner dialogue

The most disgusting post ever

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous cedar said...

*So You Wanna Date a Stripper?
*Tales of A Jewish Marine: What the Hell is Halvah?!
*Jewish Girls: It's Your Fault!

But they're all pretty damn entertaining. Although I'm less into the sports ones, I'll admit.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger alizinha said...

Difficult to pick just 3, but here goes:

1) Dr. Kinsey you have ruined me

2) There is no downside to being good in bed

3) This may be the most disgusting post I've ever done (a.k.a. the finger-up-the-ass post)

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Anything realting to the "Sterger Saga"

2) The post regarding the amount of Spanish you have to endure daily at work

3) White Dade to become New York Blogger

Special mention:

The reach around post? finger.ass. you know what I'm talking about.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger imaginaryconversations said...

The ass post is the clear winner. You definitely should do a long erotic story as your next post to satisfy your readers.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Sex & Moxie said...

This post remonds me of the Sex and the City episode where Charlotte gets married. She keeps saying it's her wedding week until Miranda says,

"You get a day. One. Day."

Congrats! I'll read through more of your archives.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger emily said...

ah, Dade, I should thank you for all the edumacation I've had from this here blog. So, thanks!

So, number 1, of course - the most disgusting post you've ever done. Wow.

Number 2 - No Downside to Being Good in Bed

and 3 - Guide to Getting Casual Sex.
Plus

Some of the more purposefully offensive ones I can't get behind, but hey, whatever keeps 'em reading.
Nice work!

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous rumandpopcorn said...

1-finger in the ass: educational
2-don't date strippers: really educational (for me)
3-the thoughts of the retarded kid: in no way educational, but hilarious...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home