Sunday, March 18, 2007

Telling the Credit Card Compaines to Fuck Off

Like so many young college students, I racked up more than my share of credit card debt. Through four years of shopping at Bal Harbour and going out to South Beach, vacations home and to the Keys, I managed to rack up over 5 figures of debt. I have no idea how one would do this living in State College or Gainesville, but at a school like Miami, where the average student gets a bigger check from their parents than most people do from their employer, you can do it in just over a year. Like I did. And when I graduated and had to start paying my own rent, the first thing to go in the budget were credit card bills. After all, Citibank wasn’t going to come and break my thumbs if I didn’t pay.

See, here’s the thing: I haven’t charged anything on any of those cards since 2002. Which means, as far as credit reporting goes, that is the last time I incurred a debt. So by 2009 I’m in the clear. That’s 7 years I could have spent paying money, or seven years I could have spent spending money. Guess which I chose. And what was the consequence? Well, my credit score is probably lower than my age, so that would then preclude me from large scale borrowing for a house or a new car. Neither of which I am in a financial position to do anyway. I can’t get any more credit cards, but at this point that’s kind of like telling a cokehead “Okay, since you abused that drug that almost ruined your life, you can’t have any more?” Really? Damn. And I was hoping you guys could ass-rape me with interest some more.

Thanks to my transient lifestyle, Credit Card companies have a hard time tracking me down. Hell, the pizza guy has a hard time tracking me down since my address is actually on a street that doesn’t exist. I have had three different cell phone numbers and about nine different addresses since they last found me. I work for cash now and the IRS is lucky I fear them so much or they wouldn’t be seeing a dime either. Occasionally they call my mom and ask her if it bothers her that I am not making good on my obligations. And she basically tells them they are morons for giving credit to an 18-year-old and deserve what they get. And she is right.

I have ZERO guilt taking money form Credit Card companies. They are loan sharks in suits and use every predatory practice on Earth to milk money from people who can’t afford it. Why I now boycott their services. They lobby congress to allow them to go after people in bankruptcy, charge exorbitant interest rates and switch billing cycles to three weeks instead of four so they can compound their 21.9% APR more often. And you have to make a minimum payment 5 more times every year. These are people who deserve to get stiffed ,and I suggest all American’s do the same.

With the exception of perhaps buying a home sometime after I’m 35 or a new car, I do not plan on borrowing money from anyone I do not know personally again. It is a sham and I suggest everyone adopt my approach and just tell B of A to fuck off when they call you asking why you haven’t paid. Until they lobby congress enough to legalize corporate Goon Squads to come to your house (which is not out of the question given the outrageous shit they’ve already gotten) there is no reason to fear these people. When they call your house just do what I do: Tell them they are idiots if they ever think they are getting paid and say you will report them for harassment if they ever call you again. It miraculously stops until your debt is sold to another collection agency and you repeat the process. The debt retires eventually and you are in the clear. Just don’t get any more cards and you can spend all that money you would have given to the Credit Card companies on stuff you’d probably have to charge anyway, and the vicious cycle of debt sis over with the fat cats left holding the bag. And if any of you creditors have googled my name and found this blog through the Website I write for, I got a little message for you:

GOOD LUCK MOTEHRFUCKERS! EAT A 24.9% APR DICK AND I’LL SEE YOU IN HELL!!!!!!!!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger ANON1 said...

Ummmm...Good luck getting a job that does a credit check which most companies do.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Dade won't have a problem with that as long as he has friends who work for companies who DO the background checks.

I got you covered.

I love your mom's attitude. Not only can she cook the best Spanish rice ever, but she has the approach to the Credit Card companies that everyone should have.

Way to go Big Lo! (that's my pet name for her)

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous sbreck said...

wait, so the fact that you borrowed ten thousand or tens of thousands of dollars will just disappear in 9 years? how did you think that was going to work? the credit card company will just be like, "oh, shit, that white dade, he's too clever for us what with his NOT PAYING FOR SEVEN YEARS AND OCCASIONALLY MOVING trick!"? you spent the money, and you signed the credit card company's agreement that gave you the card and also told you the rate at which they would rape you if you didn't pay them. I urge you to think this through before you owe hundreds of thousands of dollars.

that said, I do agree with you that credit card companies suck, but I still think they are going to royally screw you someday.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger White Dade said...

Anon1 - Why would an employer care if I"m in debt. As long as I show up and do my job, seriously. But whatever, I've gotten two "real' jobs since amassing this debt. and a few apartments along the way.

Ben - Awesome! I had no idea. remind me next time.

Sbreck - My debts have already been sold by the CC companies to collection agencies for cents on the dollar. So as far as they're ocnerned I am no longer their problem. I hope they ttok a loss on me.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a financial wizard. Not. What did you major in at UM? Bong hits? Stick to the American versus Latino struggle in Miami-Dade, which is what you do best.

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised you're in debt to your eyeballs and still haven't found a career or lifestyle adequate enough to get you out? Renting apartments is quite an accomplishment White Dunce. Try buying a house and actually amassing some wealth. Incidentally, chicks dig houses, and fiscal responsibility, which may actually compute for you on some level. After reading some of your other posts this one adds another revealing piece to the sad (and obviously simple) puzzle of your life. Try taking some responsibility for your actions instead of blaming or hating others. Chicks dig that too.

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous CreditCorrector said...

You acted like any young man would act: you made an advantage over a credit company at least for a while. I'm not much older than you, but I know a lot of people having come through the greatest troubles applying for a job with a credit check. They understood for the first time in their life how it is important to have that damned good credit. And regarding a car loan... I'm not the one to blame you, but you'd better do something about it.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, let us now be profiled by our jobs because we have financial problems. PARINOID CORPORATE AMERICA! Not enough to run background checks and drug tests, now we have to endure prying eyes into our personal finaces???? I've had some bad blows in life, do the best I can to keep up what I can, but I'm not gonna starve myself do death trying to keep up a credit rating to please employers. PARANOID CORPORATE AMERICA. RIGHTS, FREEDOM AND PRIVACY ARE JUST ABOUT GONE. And now airports want to see my naked body..WAKE UP PEOPLE!! WE ARE BEING TREATED AS CRIMANALS. WAKE THE F**K UP!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I have a friend who was turned down for a $7 an hour job for a felony dui 10 years in his past. He's been sobor all this time, never been in trouble otherwise, yet, even though he's done his time, he's still being held back. What possible threat could he be? Your right! Paranoid Corporate America.
As far as credit, your credit check is meant to tell what kind of person you are, how responsible you are. Though this was a good idea, as many others, it as been abused, and it does not work, because most people I know are struggling, and do have credit problems, but are very responsible and trustworthy people, yet they are being punished for something that is beyond their control. I don't believe a credit check can establish if you're responsible or not. Not hiring someone because of their financial background only compounds the problem even worse for people. What happened to our humanity? Our freedom, privacy and rights, we trade off of the mighty dollar. Sad....

 
At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Edward said...

Unfortunately, there are situations when it is impossible to get along without credit cards. And such situations can change your life for the worse:-(((

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the writer of this story - you're the idiot. You spent money you could not pay back, and you deserve to be in the situation you are currently in. Maybe if you would have only spent money that you had, either using cash or a debit card, you would have avoided all of this. It wasn't even your money to begin with - your parents fed you checks each month AND paid for your college. You are the scum of our society.

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyone that left a comment here that is talking shit to you or hating on you is either debt collectors mad that you've exposed the credit industry for what it is or people who cant think for themselves. I totally agree with your approach and your right on. I told bank of america / discover card / citi bank and whatever other creditcards i had at the time to all go fuck themselves and it was the best thing i ever did. Luckly for me i already owned a house so dont need the credit. I already owned several cards and i run my own business so the only bank account i have is in the business name. So even if they can get a judgement against me they cant do anything but maybe with much effort get a lien on my house that im never going to sell. lol Whoever tells you that you cant beat these assholes is lying. Discover card is trying to take me to court but luckly for me ive got a good laywer helping me on the side even thou im pro se (represent myself).. ive been dragging out there stupid court case for 2 yrs lol and they still havent gotten anywhere near the end and even if they do i still wont give them a freaking dime. Ill never have a credit card ever again even if i had good credit. RIGHT ON TO THIS POST AND FUCK YOU TO ALL THE HATERS AND STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS WHO TALK SHIT TO THIS GUY.. YOU ROCK!!!!

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our conscience makes cowards of us ("Hamlet"). White Dade, your lack of fear towards credit card companies is a virtu. We should all adopt this attitude. CC Companies are completely out of control and no one but consumers will be able to put an end to their theivery, or as I prefer to put it, bankrupt them beyond repair- every single last one of the fuckers. Thank you for not having a conscious!

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous BloughMee said...

Sounds good in theory, but you have a LOT to learn son. Unless you intend to stay self-employed for life, in an industry where you'll never need a line of credit of any kind, and never intend to lease or purchase a car or a house... or take out any kind of insurance on any of the above.... your credit score is going to come back and bite you over and over and over. Most employers now DO run a credit check on you - why should they care? Because if you're irresponsible with your own money, you're going to be irresponsible with theirs. Any position above "laborer" requires you to represent your employer and use their assets - and they don't want criminals or losers on their payroll. Insurance companies and any other installment payment arrangement will look at your payment history as an exact indicator of how you will handle their obligation with them - and either jack your rates sky-high, or deny you coverage completely.

So good luck living on lamb. A much better approach would be to get into Dave Ramsey's program... use the snowball method to retire your debt (easy - you're young) - and get on with life. Good luck to you.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

White Dade you are Spot On my friend, I just did exactly that in the UK - I have my house & new car owned outright, I AM SELF-EMPLOYED & CHARGE A FUCKING FORTUNE FOR WHAT I DO, & PEOPLE PAY IT... I Have £50,000 Credit accross 9 cards, & they all just got told to:

FUCK 'THE FUCK' OFF!!!

They're all cunts anyway, crooks in suits, I dunno how it works in the states but in the UK These collection Agency fekin CHIMPS can't force entry, I got wireless IP Cams on the front of the house.

Seriously, you people talking about responsibility, & "chicks digging it" as you say - Fucktards. This Man is on the Money, Bankers have fucked-up just about everything worldwide, fuckem Back. Love your Mom too, Next time they try to question her Morals, do what my Mum does, tell em "Fuck your Morals, CUNTS!" lol, they don't call back. Bye bye Biro-Jockey, ring someone else up you Minimum-wage Telesales Fucking Window lickers! Chew on your shoulders, Spastics! Lol, vino out

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger sooonia said...

Go Dade..you are absolutely right!fuck them. The "government" bailed the son of a bitches who had to write off billions of debt, but as a matter of fact we are the ones paying for the bailout. Run them up higher and in 7 years it will all be gone!

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous conga said...

I have never been turned down for a job due to bad credit. The more time passes by, the more bad debt will fall off the report anyway. Credit card companies thrive on fear, and the media attention concerning jobs has made it escalate due to the manic job insecurity that everyone is struggling with. That being said, if the companies give up, watch out for 1099-Cs - you could owe the IRS who has less of a sense of humor.

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how mornons who dont know their ass from their elbow in legal terms are telling you, to be responsible. While they have no idea how money is created yet they spew this garbage. No point in arguing the retarded, until they take their ass out of their butt and read a book or 4 they will find out sooner then later what comes when they do loose their stable rented lifestyle. Its Sad a sad reality.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I read was, "i sure needed the credit card companies to support my stupid ass, but since I'm a loser and can't pay my bills, I'll blame it on them to "try" and feel better about myself" of coarse it is ALWAYS someone else's fault!!! Only low lifes believe their actions are because "its just not fair" The liberal fucks mentality.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, impossible to get along without credit cards? You are brainwashed. We haven't used credit cards in 11 years and "somehow" we have"survived" Debit cards and cash only idiot. You should try it. I know that people like you that don't actually have money wouldn't understand. You instead use these CC's as a crutch

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather funny to me that you would"try"and give him advice about joining Ramsey's program but then above talk like he should be worried about leasing a car and be worried about his credit score?¿ LMAO. Looks like you need to refresh on Dave's coarses

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me get this right, you think that "honest and trustworthy" people are punished because they borrowed the money, put themselves in that situation, and when hard times happen, it is somehow the companies fault? What happened to your humanity? How about not using credit at all so you don't have this problem? Blaming your own actions on others is liberalism at its worst

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home