Thursday, April 26, 2007

White Dade World Tour Continues

The past two weeks have been an insane whirlwind of travel for me and it only gets worse. Or better, depending on how you look at it. Lat night I spent exactly my sixth night at home in the past three weeks. I wish I could say I was bed hopping and staying at a different girl's house every night, but the only girl whose bed I've been in lately is named "Motel 6." And boy is she dumpy.

From Sacramento to Phoenix to Gainesville I have found myself waking up and wondering where I am a lot lately. It's kinda fun as I get tired of spending extended periods of time in Miami and have racked up a good number of frequent flier miles. But the world tour comes to a temporary close this weekend as I make a one-night stop in New York Saturday night where I may finally get to pay Larry for that bet I lost to him a year ago when I foolishly bet him the Marlins would beat the Yankees in a three game series and will get to see Alice and some other friends up there I haven't seen in a while. Then in is off for four days in Chicago and my first trip to US Cellular field (and for those of you who asked, I am going there because the Cubs are out of town this week) to watch the White Soc play the We Are Not Los Angeles Angels. And I will be wearing my "We Are NOT LA" T-Shirt to the game to let all the good people in Chicago know that Anaheim and all of Orange County are in no way, shape or form part of Los Angeles. People there take pride no so much in being Orange county but in NOT being LA. Why the name is a real sore spot for me. But I think I'll save that post for Monday.

At any rate, though I am not nearly as popular and/or mysterious as I was a year ago when I went to New York and had a whole Happy hour held in my honor, if anybody would like to meet me in person feel free to email. I know there are a good deal of readers in those two cities (Thanks, Statcounter!) so I felt I should at least mention that I would be in town. I can't promise anything, but I am always happy to meet fans. Or haters. Or people who are totally indifferent about my blog but lack anything else to do. Whatever. Should be a fun trip and hopefully my last until July. But you never know.

4 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Charm School Reject said...

The White Sox are way better than the Cubs. If your aim was to offend, consider this Southsider Offended. (I say this in a semi-tongue in cheek way.)

Have fun enjoying our great city.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Some Catchy Chic said...

I love Chicago! It's a huge improvement over Miami, by far. You'll have a great time.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger ANON1 said...

WHAT WHAT IN THE BUTT.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Oh the irony... I would have taken you out for a drink in Chicago, but I was visiting the lovely South Beach!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home